Having fun together. :-) So sad that they have to go to bed before it gets dark! But not for too much longer, school ends a week from Friday! Then I'll probably wish that they "have" to go to bed. ;-)
Ezra asked me after a make-your-own-burrito dinner the other night, as he pulled a bowl of sliced olives toward himself, "May I feast on the toppings?! Normally I would've saved them for later, but how can I resist when asked so dramatically?
Baking bread on the barbecue doesn't ALWAYS work like a charm: In case you were wondering, the above picture is of my attempt at baking Sourdough French Bread on my gas grill last week. I made the mistake of precariously perching a bagette pan on the little rack up above the cooking surface. It tipped over. I was able to save the round loves they fell on, but the baguettes were toast.
It was rather bright. I got inspired earlier this week with the purchase of a package of English muffins. Using the muffins and a Costco precooked breakfast sausage patty and an egg, I made myself a delicious breakfast sandwich. Since the kids would probably like one, too, I considered making them for lunch, but with a burst of energy and ingenuity I made them right before I left for pick-up, wrapped them separately in foil and brought them their own "fast food" breakfast sandwiches for... well, for lunch! Shocked by their good fortune, they were very appreciative and the quick stop at Clackamette Park to observe the mildly flooding river was very welcome, as well. See the tree trunk in the water?! I even brought a piece of old bread to feed the seagulls! The activity was a hit! You really have to take advantage of those beautiful days, in Oregon!
Comments
Post a Comment