Summertime and the Livin' is Easy

Is that a line from a song? I've heard it over and over again, but no tune comes to mind. Maybe an old song? Anyway, it is certainly a beautiful truth! The kids play outside most of the day, sometimes they hardly wear anything other than their swim suits, so there's less laundry, and afternoon snacks are easy - popsicles anyone? With our spiffy-wiffy new gas grill, even the cooking is easier... or at least, more fun. I'm not sure it's easier. Sure, there are less cooking dishes, but it seems to me that there are lots more prep dishes. The real plus side is that my husband seems to rather enjoy grilling on a gas grill, so if he gets home and dinner's not quite on the grill yet, he'll take it out there as soon as I get it prepped and then I can focus on the salad!

Anyway, we are enjoying our summer immensely this year.

Playing frisbee at the park:
Hanging on Mom's skirts:


Devotions are better with ice cream!

Sack races at a summer birthday party:


Summer berries are the best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When you go to a wedding...

Unexpected Houseguest

Look Who’s Turning Two!