Swimming lessons!

Teaching our children to swim seems to be on that Parents Responsibility list we all have rattling around at the back of our minds. People have varying definitions of success. Some do Swim Team. Some of us just want to feel confident that if their kid falls off a dock, he won't drown. I'm in the latter category, but it is amazing to me how much investment it takes just to get one's kids to that that level of competency in the water! 
So, swimming lessons have become part of my expectation of what summer holds. Judah and Ezra and Monica are taking lessons this year, and their lessons are staggered, so I've been spending an hour every morning by the wading pool outside watching the kids splash and play - and occasionally scream. 




I've come to really look forward to the time sitting in the sun, taking to my friend Joanna. Possibly drinking Dutch Brothers coffee.... ;-) The weather this summer has been pretty great, too, as you can see in the pictures. Happy summer, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When you go to a wedding...

Unexpected Houseguest

Monica - Our Water Dog