A Family Thanksgiving

As a friend told me this fall, "the first time I hosted the entire family for Thanksgiving, I felt like I'd finally become an adult." Well, I've arrived, I guess! We hosted my family for Thanksgiving this year at our house, including my parents, my three siblings and the ten children they brought with them! There were 26 people at dinner! My dad got some lovely pictures. 
Michael got Mo's clam chowder for dinner on Wednesday night.

Judah was forced to make savory shortbreads, which sadly, he didn't even like. But I thought they were great!

Ezra was a real favorite with all of the little kids, as usual!

Soup and bread for dinner.

Mom and my brother, Ben.

Aunt Katy supervised the construction of Reeses Pieces table decorations, bless her!

Partners in crime... ;-)

Ezra, Thane, Hale and Elena

Madeline, Monica, Valor and Rinah

Success!

We really probably didn't need to have an appetizer feast a mere 1-2 hours before the Thanksgiving Dinner.

But it was fun.

The finished product!

Katy and Avi

Apparently my brothers like to sit on the floor.  And Katy likes to drink while wearing a crown.

And there we are, in age-order.

Valerie enjoyed talking to our elderly guest, who is a retired Spanish speaking pastor.

Michael did a beautiful job of setting the table.

The Kids Table!

Getting tired...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Houseguest

When you go to a wedding...

February 2020