Just 30 Minutes

My kitchen is almost never clean. But I've discovered something amazing: even when the kitchen looks like a huge disaster, it only takes 30 minutes take it from scary to sparkling! Maybe a really calamitous disaster would take a little more time, but I've tried this twice and both times what I thought couldn't possibly take less than an hour turned out to be a thirty minute proposition.

The key is to get an uninterrupted 30 minutes.

Aye, there's the rub. 

Say that the stars align and I get an uninterrupted 30 minutes? 

Then I clean the kitchen in this order:

▪ Throw away anything that can be thrown away. 

▪ Put away anything that can be put away. (This can include unloading the dishwasher)

▪Accumulate the remaining dishes to be washed next to the sink. 

▪Wipe down all the other counters. 

▪Wash the dishes. 

▪Wipe off the last counter. 

Presto Change-O!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Houseguest

When you go to a wedding...

Look Who’s Turning Two!