Mr. Fix-It

I asked Phinehas what he would like to do. He seemed a little at loose ends. He put a finger to pursed lips in thought and said,  "fix somepin!"

I set him to work to tighten a loose screw on one of my cupboard doors.  He selected his own screw driver (one of the "blue ones," a Phillips) and started to work though he stopped almost immediately when he thought he really had better run upstairs and tell his brothers he was "fix-in somepin downstairs! " They were suitable impressed, and he almost forgot his task, but I reminded him and he went back to work. And he accomplished it, too! He tightened the screw and even put away the screwdriver!

My parents raised their own computer help: maybe I'm raising my own handy-man!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Houseguest

When you go to a wedding...

Look Who’s Turning Two!